Family Hotel of the Year
As Winner of ‘Family Hotel of the Year’ at the Irish Hotel Awards 2018, it’s clear to see that the Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa in Limerick ticks all the boxes for your family holiday.The hotel is a peaceful haven on the doorstep of Limerick city. Facilities include a deluxe day spa, a well-equipped leisure centre, a variety of children’s attractions, dining options and bars. Moreover, their Global Explorers Kids Club offers a range of activities designed to entertain and engage children of all ages. As you can guess, a fantastic resort hotel which specializes in family holidays, and all under one roof.
Where is the family hotel of the year located?
The hotel is just 10 minutes from Limerick city centre and 20 minutes from Shannon Airport. It offers easy access to the motorway, yet as it is set in tranquil countryside, it feels like a world away from the hustle and bustle of the city. This ensures that the Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa Limerick is the ideal base from which to explore. Certainly, there are so many fun-filled family attractions in the region such as the fascinating Bunratty Castle and Folk Park, King John’s Castle, Craggaunowen and Stonehall Wildlife Farm. Moreover, you also have the breathtaking Wild Atlantic Way and Ireland’s Ancient East to pack into your family days out.
Family Holiday Facilities
- Indoor Swimming Pool – Family Swimming Hours (8am – 11am & 2pm – 7pm)
- Magical Fairy garden
- Free Global Explorers Kids Club
- Dedicated Kids Playroom ‘Global Explorers Basecamp’ – amazing space dedicated to give kids a much needed break from their parents.
- Outdoor Playground
- Variety of dining options
- Travel Cots & Highchairs
- Babysitting service available locally, advanced booking essential.
- Spa Treatments
- Outdoor Hot Tub
- Tennis & Basketball Courts
- Hair Salon
- DVD Players available in all family rooms
Family Rooms in the Family Hotel of the Year
The hotel offers 32 deluxe family bedrooms. These include a double bed and two single beds and can comfortably accommodate 2 adults and 2 children. Also, the family bedrooms are conveniently located on the ground floor. Furthermore, larger family rooms and Interconnecting rooms for families with up to 6 people are available, subject to availability. In addition, child friendly services include babysitting upon request, travel cots if required and a late check-out for sleepy snoozers. And, families with tiny tots are not forgotten, as superior bedrooms are suitable for 2 adults and 1 child under 3 years.
Check-in: after 3pm Check-out: before 12 noon
A Rainy Day? Have fun in the Global Explorers Kids Club
Keeping the little ones engaged and entertained is always important during a family break. Needless to say, at the Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa Limerick, fun is taken very seriously! Upon arrival each child receives a Global Explorers gift pack. This contains pictures to colour and currency to use in exchange for treats and games. So, the kids are guaranteed to be kept entertained for hours. What’s more, for kids who like the outdoors, there are tennis and basketball courts, a playground and a magical fairy garden.
Radisson Blu Global Explorers Kids Club is available at weekends (Friday & Saturday) as well as school holidays, and offers fully supervised seasonal indoor and outdoor activities. These fun activities include, Hoverball Archery, Meet the Animals Petting Zoo, Scavenger Hunt, Ninja Training Camp and a film club each evening. The club is suitable for kids aged 4 to 12 years.
A Treat for Mum Too! So Relax, Rejuvenate & Unwind
While the kids are kept busy, why not take time for yourself in the Rain Spa and Wellness Clinic. This is the perfect chance to rejuvenate mind, body and soul in relaxing surroundings and while experiencing amazing treatments. Using luxurious ELEMIS products, the Rain Spa is open seven days per week offering a wide range of services including massage, waxing, facials, spray tans, manicures and pedicures. The Rain Spa Leisure includes a swimming pool, Thermal Suite, sauna, steam room, gym and outdoor tennis courts. Bliss!
Visit the Rain Spa and Wellness Clinic for a full list of treatments.
Radisson Blu Family Dining
Furthermore, enjoy an array of dining options at the Radisson Blu Hotel Limerick. Quench bar offers an extensive bar menu and a fine selection of beers, spirits and fine wines. The Lounge Bar, just off the hotel reception, is available for afternoon tea, light lunches, pre-dinner drinks. It also makes a lovely setting for a late nightcap before retiring for the night. Porter’s Restaurant is a friendly, informal venue for an evening meal where you can choose from the Table D’Hote or A La Carte menus. There is also a great choice for kids too, with a healthy eating children’s menu. Super Breakfast Buffet is served daily from 6.30am until 10.30 on weekdays and 7am to 11am at weekends.
What Eileen, from Easy Peazy Family Breaks says:
“It is clear to see why The Radisson Hotel and Spa in Limerick won Family Hotel of The Year 2018. From the moment we arrived to when we left (sadly!), our family were made to feel top priority. The emphasis is very much on families here. The kids club is one of the best I have seen to date. One simple touch that stood for me was the snack vouchers we received for the children when we arrived. These could be exchanged for a little snack in-between meals such as fruit, drink or a bag of crisps. This was really thoughtful and perfect for families with always hungry boys!!”
Your Family Break at the Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Limerick.
Family Fun Activities Nearby:
- Bunratty Castle & Folk Park – 7 mins drive – 7.7km
- King John’s Castle – 13 mins – 7.3km
- Craggaunowen – 26 mins drive – 20km
- Cratloe Woods – 9 mins drive – 7km
- Thomand Park – 8 mins drive – 5.4km
- Lahinch – 50 mins drive – 55km
SUMMER FAMILY STAY-CATION – 2 NIGHTS B&B + 1 DINNER | FREE KIDS CLUB
Make it a summer to remember with a 2 night stay-cation at the 4* Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Limerick! Includes breakfast each morning and dinner on one evening of choice for 2 adults and 2 children sharing a family room. Kids Stay & Eat Free, Magical Fairy Garden, Free Global Explorers Kids Club, Fully Supervised Kids Playroom.
- 2 Nights 4 Star Accommodation for 2 adults & 2 children (4 – 16 years) sharing a family room.
- Super breakfast buffet in Porters Restaurant
- Delicious dinner in Porters Restaurant for the whole family on one evening of choice (Kids Eat For Free).
- Global Explorers Kids Pack will be awaiting each child’s arrival
- Complimentary access to our fully supervised Global Explorers Kids Club (4 – 12 years). Available weekends and all school holidays.
- Complimentary access to fitness & leisure facilities at Rain Spa & Leisure Club. Family swimming hours (8am – 11am & 2pm – 7pm).
- €20 per adult off treatments in Rain Spa when you spend more than €70 per person on Spa treatments (Terms & Conditions Apply)
- Preferential rates to top local attractions – Bunratty Castle & Folk Park, King John’s Castle or Craggaunowen. Advanced booking required to avail of 20 % discount.
- Complimentary Car Parking
- Free WIFI
- Baby Sitting Service available on request, payable locally, advanced booking essential.
Book Direct – 061 456200 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Family Fun Tip – Pre-Booking is advised.
Quote – Easypeazyfamilybreaks when booking
Visit the Family Friendly Radisson Blu Hotel for more information.