Best Family Friendly Hotel in Kilkenny
The 4-star Newpark Hotel is situated on the edge of the medieval city of Kilkenny. Newpark Hotel is the Best Family Friendly Hotel in Kilkenny and it’s not hard to see why.
Hotel Family Accommodation
The hotel presents 132 luxuriously appointed bedrooms, with two options for family rooms available. The Deluxe Rooms are suitable for two adults and two children. While, larger families can opt for the Superior Family Rooms. These are the most luxurious hotel rooms on offer in Kilkenny, and are suitable for families of three children and more. Moreover, the hotel can provide interconnecting rooms and supply travel cots for tiny tots and toddlers, if required.
At Newpark Hotel you can enjoy the Escape Health Club. The facilities include a 17m Swimming Pool, including kids pool; plunge pool; relaxing pool side loungers; jacuzzi; sauna and steam room. The Aveda Spa has a wide range of spa treatments for you to choose from. Or, get active in the fully equipped Gymnasium and a choice of fitness classes.
Hotel Family Dining
Choose to dine in the Gulliver’s Restaurant, Scott’s Bar & Brasserie or The Terrace, where you will be served carefully selected and prepared dishes to tantalize all taste buds. Children can select their meal from their own menu.
Things to do on your Family Break in Kilkenny
You and your family won’t need to leave the hotel property to enjoy your break away. As, there is enough here to keep your days packed with activities. But, if you want to get out and about, the hotel is the ideal base for exploring Kilkenny. Newpark Hotel proudly maintains 40 acres of parkland, which features magnificent gardens. Moreover, it has Ireland’s only urban 20-acre nature trail, a wetland marsh area and wildlife sanctuary. With that in mind, it is the perfect place to spend an afternoon, enjoy a family picnic or a leisurely stroll along over 3 kilometres of walkways.
Newpark Hotel’s range of children’s activities and services:
1. Wildlife Farm – a range of friendly farm animals including guinea pigs, rabbits, peacocks, Shetland ponies and Llamas and many others. Let your little ones be introduced to the farm animals or let them help with feeding the smaller animals.
2. Little Rascal’s Go Karting – older children are sure to love the Little Rascal’s Go Karting track. Located on the hotel’s Adventure Trail, it provides hours of endless fun for children and adults alike.
3. Adventure Playground – offers a fully equipped adventure playground. This contains slides, swings and a sandpit with diggers for the warmer months. Even better, a recent addition includes a tree top adventure centre, with a secure zip line to fly down.
4. Fairy Trail – discover the magical fairy trail. This includes realistic fairy doors, a fairy letter box, worry stone and wishing chair. Take your children on the winding walk and inspire their dreams for the night.
5. Crazy Cats Kids Club is available daily throughout holiday periods and team leaders are trained to provide fun games and keep younger guests entertained and happy.
6. The Zone Games Room – is suitable for older children. Games consoles, football table, air hockey and more on offer.
7. Soft Play area – will keep toddlers occupied for hours. Located just next to The Family Room, which provides all the necessities for your child, including kettle, microwave, sterilizers, nappy bin, changing facilities and fridge- perfect for storage of baby food.
8. Bicycles – complimentary bicycle hire for all the family.
9. A babysitting service can be arranged at reception, in advance of your stay.
Family Fun Activities near the Best Family Friendly Hotel in Kilkenny
Kilkenny City itself and the surrounding county offers a host of activities that children are sure to enjoy.
Top Family Attractions Nearby in Kilkenny
Reptile Zoo (8.7km – 20min drive)
Castlecomber Discovery Park (18.5km – 19min drive) – Top Activity as recommended by Easy Peazy Family Breaks
Dunmore Caves – (10.4km – 15min drive)
Kilkenny Castle – (2.2km – 11min drive)
Kilkenny Golf/Footgolf/Rugbygolf At Pococke Golf Centre – (4.5km – 6min drive)
Two for Toddlers
Woodstock Gardens and Arboretum (32km – 40min drive)
Jerpoint Park (27km – 30min drive)
Rainy Dayz Family Activities
The Playstation (2.5km – 8min drive)
Walk In Art Studio (1.4km – 5min drive)
The pottery Shed (1.4km – 5min drive)
Reptile Zoo (8.7km – 20min drive)
FREE Family Fun!
Kilkenny Castle Gardens & Playground (2.2km – 10min drive)
Castlecomber Discovery Park – Fairy Trail (18.5km – 19min drive)
Jenkinstown Park – (10km – 8min drive)
Newpark Hotel – Family Deals
Family room (2 Adults + 2 Children) One Night B&B from €140 Total Stay (offer as of writing).
Go to hotel website for current Offers.
Enjoy a 2 Night Summer Sizzler at the Newpark Hotel, Kilkenny. This package includes 2 nights bed and breakfast with dinner on 1 evening for 2 adults and 2 children. Adults can dine in Gulliver’s restaurant on one night. Children’s dinner is high tea served in the kids club
Children may also join in all the fun at our Newpark Summer Camp which runs daily from 10.00am-4.00pm with lunch included (Kids aged 4-12 years)
Prices start from only €269 per night in a family room