Wave Crest is landscaped on an elevated position along a south-facing hill and commands unparalleled views of beaches, coves and the majestic mountains of the Beara Peninsula. Dolphins and Basking Shark have become a familiar sight.
Wave Crest caravan and camping site is a 4 star, friendly, informal and family-run camp site in Caherdaniel on the Ring of Kerry, Ireland. This picturesque waterfront site with unique panoramic sea views offers the perfect base for a relaxing camping holiday in Ireland with friendly and helpful staff.
With outstanding facilities for families with on-site tourist information, a well stocked shop, Café and deli, a fully equipped play area for children PLUS direct access to the water for launching water sports equipment!
Located mid-way on the world famous Ring of Kerry Driving Route, Wave Crest makes the ideal base for either long or short stays and ideal for those touring the Wild Atlantic Way.
WiFI available through your own Paypal account. Rib trips from site showing sea life and nearby Islands.
Open All Year – January to December
Things to see and do
Within 5km: blue-flag Derrynane sandy beaches; swimming; scuba-diving; surfing; canoeing; kayaking, water-skiing; boat trips to Skellig Islands -UNESCO site; fishing trips; horse-riding lessons & beach trekking; archaeological sites; Derrynane House & Gardens; The Kerry Way; craft shops; restaurants; hotel; traditional pubs with live music.
Within 12km Waterville and Skellig Bay Golf Courses, Geo Park, Tennis, Lake Fishing art and craft studios.
Facilities available to you during your stay with us:
- Hot Showers – One Euro Token Needed
- Laundry operated with 2 Euro coins open 24 hours daily
- Chemical disposal & grey water disposal
- Wash Up room for dish washing – Equiped with Microwave Oven for heating food
- Fridge/freezer to be used for Ice Packs only – Located in the Laundry area
- Café serving breakfast lunch and evening meals. Open June July and August
- Fully stocked Food Shop & Deli. Open June July and August
- Games room
- TV Room with stove
- Children’s fully equipped play area
- Internet access WIFI – Payable through Pay-Pal – private supplier
- Credit/Laser card facilities
- Tourist Information on all local amenities
- Books, Guides, Maps & local knowledge of cycles, walks and things to do
- Fishing supplies
- Boating – launching & mooring
- Camping Gaz sold at Reception