Imaginosity, the Dublin Children’s Museum, is a unique child-centred creative space for children up to nine years of age and their families. The Museum celebrates children’s imaginations on the journey from curiosity to discovery and is one of the most popular kids activities in Dublin. Imaginosity offers a wide variety of workshops and classes in arts and crafts, computers, music and theatre every day in the Art Studio, in the Children’s Theatre Space and in the Cyber Room – and most are free with admission.
Kids Activities in Dublin
The numerous exhibits at Imaginosity Dublin’s Children’s Museum, in Sandyford, are educationally designed to inspire life-long learning through play, celebrating children’s imaginations on the journey from curiosity to discovery and fun filled kids activities in Dublin.
Why not become a mechanic in The Garage, examine an x-ray in Dr Apple-a-Day’s Surgery, choose the evening meal in the Village Market and cook it up at the Dublin Diner. Sing, dance and dress-up in costumes in The Theatre or present the News at the TV Station or become an engineer in the construction zone and much, much more.
Weather depending, you can meet our Eco Badger in the roof top garden, and learn all about our green building and how it works.
Imaginosity champions the ‘hands-on; minds-on’ philosophy that encourages and enables all visitors to get involved, have some fun and create positive and lasting experiences for all the family in this unique Children’s Museum in Dublin.
Imaginosity advises that visitors ALWAYS book in advance to avoid any disappointment for children who would find it difficult to understand that they are unable to visit due to an issue around capacity as this is one of the favourite kids activities in Dublin. It is always better to book, either ONLINE or over the phone.
Facilities include a café within the museum, Gift Shop and Lockers. The museum is fully-accessible.
Please note during holidays & at weekends Imaginosity operate a time-ticketing system of a 2-hour visit.
How to Get There
Imaginosity, Dublin Children’s Museum is easily accessible from the M50 Motorway (Exit 13), the N11 Dual Carriageway, from Dublin City Centre by LUAS (Green Line) or public bus.
If you are travelling by car to Imaginosity, it is best to park in the DUNNES STORES car park. Car parking is mostly available underground here (although there is a very small over-ground car park). Please be advised to note the level on which you have parked and the way in which you arrive at the museum door, as this will assist you in finding your way back to your car.
FROM THE AIRPORT AND HEADING SOUTHBOUND ON THE M50
- Exit the airport; join the M1 by taking the 2nd exit off the roundabout signposted for Dublin.
- From the M1 join the M50 southbound.
- Go across the West link toll bridge, toll charge in operation.
- Stay on the M50 southbound as far as Junction 13.
- Take the slip road sign-posted for Dundrum/Sandyford at Junction 13.
- At the roundabout take the 3rd exit for Sandyford Industrial Estate, this road runs parallel to the M50 (The Green Route).
- Go past the first slip road to the left and at the next junction directly after it turn left following the signs for Sandyford Industrial Estate.
- Continue along the road staying in the middle lane to next set of traffic lights at the Beacon Hotel, turn right onto Blackthorn Drive from the middle lane.
- Continue straight through the first set of traffic lights and turn right at the second set of traffic lights onto Carmenhall Road. The car park for the Beacon South Quarter Shopping Centre will be on your right hand side.
- Turn right and go under the barriers into the car park, once you park either overground or underground take the travelator beside O‘Brien’s Off Licence up to the Plaza.
- Imaginosity is the brown building in the centre of the Plaza.
- Walk around to the front of the building and go up to white steps to the entrance.
- Lift access is at the back of the building (glass doors) which will bring you directly to the Mezzanine Level (wheelchair & buggy accessible) once you step out of the lift go out through the glass door to your right and follow the path around to the front of reception.
GET IN TOUCH
Please Refer to Website
Kids Activities in Dublin